The PCU-1 microphone is a sturdy gooseneck desktop microphone with a talk button. PCU stands for "Paging Control Unit". The microphone amplifier with dynamic compressor is used to control the radio system in order to make a voice announcement via the control center.
An integrated codec with dynamic compressor suppresses interference factors and amplifies the signal of the voice announcement.
The PCU-1 is the successor of the MIKO-23 and offers the advantage that audio lines are no longer required between the microphone and the radio system. The transmission is done via a USB interface.
Advantages & Functions
- Power supply and data transmission via a single cable (USB interface)
- Plug & Play capable Windows recording device
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio due to 16-bit analog/digital converter
- Digital high-pass filter prevents overdriving of the siren amplifier in the low frequency range
- Dynamic processor amplifies the speech signal
- Integrated sound card for voice recording
- Ergonomic gooseneck